Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hannah is one!

We had a great time on Saturday for the party, despite Hannah waking with a temperature of 101. She was a trooper the whole time.


I loved the opportunity for both sides of the family to come together. It is a rare occasion when so many of the people I love can be in one place. And the weather was perfect--it was raining that morning, and a "cold front" had moved in allowing for temperatures in the low 80's. Everyone got in the spirit. My Grandma Dixie even had an authentic Hawaiian outfit that she had gotten when traveling there. It was a joint effort in getting everything together, everyone pitched in. My sister-in-law Liz helped tremendously. We are very thankful to have her and George live so close. I am also thankful for having such a wonderful family.


4 comments:

Liz said...

The party was great!! Thanks for such a fun day. We really enjoyed being there and getting to spend time with everyone.

strem said...

Such a FUN party with cute decorations! I bet it was a great day to be around (and in) the pool. Hope Hannah is feeling much better soon!

lydia said...

I can't believe she's one already. I'm sure it is much harder for you to believe. Very fun and cute!

D.S.M. said...

We were so happy to have been a part of Hannah's big day!! It was wonderful to be with Ben's family and catch up as well. Everything was great!! A lot of hard work for you guys, but definitely worth it!!!! Aunt Donna