Monday, October 1, 2007

Keeping Me On My Toes

This morning Hannah and I went grocery shopping (and got some great deals). When we got home I brought Hannah inside with the diaper bag and some of the groceries. I sat her down to play in the family room and went out to get another load of groceries. I brought in several loads. On my last trip when I tried to go from the garage into the house the door was locked! I could still hear the doorknob rustling and I was pleading with Hannah to unlock the door, unfortunately I don't think she has that one figured out yet. The other day I noticed that the door was locked and questioned Ben about it, he said that he hadn't locked it. Now I know for sure who the culprit was. I couldn't believe it, my keys and cell phone were in the house and no spare house key. Luckily I had a set of Ben's car keys that I had borrowed from him the day before. I started trying each one, as I tried pushing the key into the hole the door opened. Luckily it hadn't gotten latched all of the way. It was quite embarrassing, but it could have been a lot worse!

5 comments:

D.S.M. said...

Hey,
Never underestimate what a little toddler can do!! We have all been there, much to our amazement. I am sorry to say this, but just wait until you have two to stay focused on!! LOL,LOL,LOL
Hang in there as the next few weeks will most likely fly by.
Love, Aunt Donna

Liz said...

Oh my goodness! That would have been scary! Glad you got in without too much trouble. Time to stash a key in the garage somewhere I guess. But of course, once you do that, Hannah will find another way to keep you on your toes. :)

Mom/Grandma said...

I know the panic you felt--like the time you crawled under the couch and got stuck. I became the Incredible Huck, lifted the couch and pulled you out! Or the time you crawled under the clothes rack at the department store and I couldn't find you. I won't mention Justin and the refrig again!!!

Love,
MOM

strem said...

I guess this is just the first of many mysteries to come, isn't it? Glad you had those keys!

Julie said...

Elijah just did the same thing the other day. Only he did it on purpose. I went to the garage to throw a pooping diaper in the trash can, and he locked the door on me. I was in the garage, with no light, trying to find my way back to the door to plea with him to unlock it. Of course, he is giggling on the other side of the door. I threatened him, and finally, he opened the door. After I was back inside, I realized that I could have opened the garage door to the outside and gone around to the back of our house where there is a spare key. But, at the time I did not remember that, I was just scared and mad that he had locked me out on purpose!!! :)